4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup basil leaves, divided
2, 28 oz cans whole peeled Italian tomatoes
1 cup lobster meat
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
½ cup heavy cream
4-6 baby lobster tails, split in half to butterfly
1 lb. Freshly prepared or boxed Fettuccine
2 tablespoons Sabatino White Truffle Olive Oil
Sabatino Tartufi fresh White Truffles, shaved thin, optional
- In a large sauté pan on low heat, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil, add in sliced garlic and hot pepper flakes. Sauté garlic until the slices turn a golden brown.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine (being careful of any flame ups). Bring heat up to medium, and simmer to reduce by half. Add in ¾ cup basil leaves, tomatoes and it's juices. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes; stirring often. After 15 minutes remove the cover and break up the tomatoes with a wooden spoon. Continue simmering for 30 minutes.
- Add in lobster meat and cover again over medium heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes, remove lid and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Add in chopped Italian parsley and heavy cream. Reduce heat to low.
- Drizzle butterflied lobster tails with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill on pre-heated grill for 3-4 minutes on each side and add to prepared sauce.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in 2 tablespoons salt, cook fettuccine until al dente, drain and reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Do not rinse with cold water.
- Place cooked fettuccine back into the pot it was cooked in and over medium heat add in a little pasta water; simmer for 2-3 minutes. Pour lobster and sauce into pot and mix well. Transfer onto a large platter.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons White Truffle Oil, garnish with remaining basil leaves and top with Sabatino fresh White Truffles.